Today one of my friends was ruing over the fact that I don't upload recipes that can be made superfast in a jiffy. She said that some recipes should target the segment of working women who after coming back from home don't have enough time and energy to cook a fancy meal. I know not many but there are few recipes I have uploaded which can be made very quickly and they are my saviors in those days when I don't like cooking with any elaborate preparation. Check out the below lists:
Egg Chatpata (10 minutes)
Egg Drop Curry (20 minutes)
Simple Yogurty Alu Dum (20 minutes)
Potato Drumsticks in Yogurt Sauce (20 minutes)
Bengali Aloo Curry Kalo Jeera Diye (20 minutes)
Avocado Pasta (10 minutes)
South Indian Style Potato Curry (15-20 minutes)
There are many recipes out there which don't require a long list of ingredients and can be put together within the same timeframe. The below recipe too is an easy one if you can manage to get the fishes fried somehow (may be with the help of your husband ;)...they are good at this task.) and the rest can be made within 5 minutes.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
ü 7-8 rohu pieces
ü 1 small red onion (ground into paste)
ü 2 cups of yogurt, beaten
ü 1 heaped tbsp. besan or gram flour
ü 1 tsp. turmeric powder
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 tbsp. sugar (you may adjust the amount according to your taste)
ü 5-6 green chillies (split in half)
ü 1 tsp kalo jeera or nigella seeds or kalonji
ü 1 tsp. cardamom powder
ü 3-4 dry red chillies
ü Generous amount of mustard oil
1) Rub turmeric and salt on the fish pieces and deep fry them till dark brown in color. Keep aside the fried fishes.
2) Heat mustard oil in a wok. When oil turns hot, add nigella seeds and dry red chilies. Allow them to crackle. Add onion paste and fry till onion becomes translucent.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix yogurt and gram flour together. Add this mixture into the wok and add 1 cup of water. Add salt and sugar and bring the gravy to a boil.
4) Add green chilies and simmer the gravy for 2 minutes on medium low heat. (You may add more water around this time as per your need for gravy. I added 1 1/2 cups more.)
5) Toss the fried fishes into the gravy; add cardamom powder and cook covered on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
6) Serve hot with steamed rice or fried rice.