Pork (500 gm) (chopped into bite size pieces)
1 stick celery (chopped)
2 Carrots (chopped)
1 can of lima beans (241 gm)
1/2 cup red wine (any brand will do)
Black pepper (taste wise)
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp garlic (minced)
1 tsp of Smolderin’ fire-roasted chipotle mustard
1 tbsp of hoisin sauce
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp of cornstarch mixed in 1 tbsp of water to thicken the stew
Salt to taste
1 tbsp butter or white oil
1) Heat butter or oil in a wok. When oil is hot, add garlic and shallow fry. Add pork pieces and shallow fry them till pork begins to turn golden in color.
2) Add celery, balsamic vinegar, coriander powder, black pepper and hoisin sauce one after another and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
3) Add red wine and cook stirring for 1-2 minutes.
4) Add carrots, lima beans and chipotle mustard. Stir the mixture. Add 3 cups of water.
5) Cook partially covered for 40 minutes, checking occasionally.
6) Add corn starch and salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes more till the stew thickens up. Any time if you feel that the water has reduced too much in quantity, add more water.
7) The stew will not be exactly like soup. The stew will have a thick consistency.
8) Serve hot over mashed potatoes with butter-toasted bread on the side.