House of Cards (Season 2) has come back with a bang with Kevin Spacey once again charming us as cunning hard-hearted Congressman Frank Underwood. I think after 'Breaking Bad' and 'Game of Thrones', House of Cards is one show that I had been waiting earnestly to reappear on air. The fun of watching the show increased manifold with an awesome platter of food accompanying on dinner. Though this delicacy was meant to be devoured at breakfast, but these days I am not used to taking heavy breakfast and so it made its way into our dinner table. I have posted the recipe of Achari puri in my earlier post and this one is the curry I had the puri with. Made in typical South Indian fashion, every morsel of this beauty was pure bliss. Hope you all will enjoy it.
ü 3-4 potatoes (chopped into cubes)
ü 3-4 tomatoes (pureed)
ü 1 tsp dry mango powder or amchur powder
ü 1 tsp turmeric powder
ü 1 tsp red chilli powder
ü 4-5 green chillies (chopped)
ü Salt to taste
ü White oil for cooking
ü A pinch of asafetida
ü 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
ü 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
ü 7-8 curry leaves
1) Heat oil in a pan and oil turns hot, add the ingredients for sauté including cumin seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves and asafetida and wait till they ingredients sputter.
2) Add the chopped potatoes and shallow fry a bit till potatoes turn a bit golden in color.
3) Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, green chillies and salt and give a good stir to mix in. Cook covered on medium heat for 5 minutes.
4) Add some water (about 1 1/2 cup) and cook covered again till potatoes are cooked through.
5) Finally after potatoes turn tender, add mango powder and mix in. Switch off the flame.
6) Serve with Acahari Puri or roti, luchi and paratha. Enjoy!
Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table,but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
mango drinks manufacturers