While picking strawberries, I was simultaneously thinking of the delicacies I am going to prepare with them. A few recipes were in my mind, and one such recipe is of strawberry dessert prepared with heavy whipping cream. Since I prepare Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Sponge Cake and Strawberry Cake whenever I bring home strawberries, this time I wanted to try something new that I did not try before. Hope you will enjoy the recipe of Strawberry and Cream Dessert. Please don't forget to leave a comment.
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, plus a few extras for garnishing
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp gelatin
1) First of all, add 1 tablespoon of water into the gelatin and let it set for 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, make a puree of 1 lb strawberries. Add three tablespoons of sugar into it. Stir.
3) Slice the remaining 1 lb strawberries. Add the remaining three tablespoons of sugar into it. Keep the strawberries in a strainer and let the extra juice of strawberries drain into the sink.
4) In a bowl, add heavy whipping cream and 5 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Whip the mixture till the heavy whipping creams forms peaks, as shown in the picture below.
5) Heat the gelatin in microwave for 30 seconds. Add it into the strawberry puree and fold in,
6) Slowly pour the strawberry puree into the heavy whipping cream and stir a few times till everything blends nicely.
7) Now arrange the strawberry slices at the bottom of a glass dish and pour the gelatin strawberry heavy cream mixture over them. Smooth the top and refrigerate until chilled. (If you want mousse in individual glass containers, then you may arrange the strawberry slices in individual glass containers and pour the the gelatin strawberry heavy cream mixture into each. Smooth the top and Refrigerate until chilled).
8) Serve chilled.
Post a Comment