Happy New Year to all. Hope the new year brings prosperity and happiness in the lives of everyone.
I have not updated my blog for the last few months because I was really busy with my studies. Since I am enjoying my winter break until my college reopens on 9th January, I thought to share a recipe of a mutton curry I prepared recently with you. I got the recipe from a Facebook video and I changed the recipe slightly to suit my taste bud. Hope you all will like it. Thanks for visiting my blog.
1 1/2 kg or 3 pounds mutton
1 heaped tsp turmeric
6-7 cloves of garlic
1 inch ginger (chopped or ground into paste)
3 tbsp yogurt
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves (chopped)
For Spice Paste
5-6 dry red chilies
4-5 green chilies
5-6 garlic cloves
2 heaped tsp cumin seeds
1 heaped tsp coriander seeds
1 heaped tsp fennel seeds
1 heaped tsp black peppercorns
2 star anise
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp lemon juice
1) Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker. Add turmeric powder, ginger paste and garlic cloves. Sauté for 1 minute. Add mutton and stir to mix everything together. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and put the lid into place. Give 2-3 whistles. (Since I used baby goat, 2-3 whistles were enough to soften the meat, but if you are using adult goat, it may require 4-5 whistles.)
2) After the mutton is softened, open the pressure cooker and separate mutton broth from the meat. Keep the broth aside.
3) For preparing the spice paste, heat a skillet and add cumin seeds, dry red chilies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, star anise, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Dry roast the ingredients on medium heat for 5 minutes.
4) In a blender, grind the roasted spices and into the same, add garlic cloves, green chilies, and lemon juice. Blend into a fine paste.
5) Now heat oil or butter or ghee in a wok. Add the spice paste. Add yogurt and stir in. Saute the mixture for 2 minutes. Add mutton broth little by little and saute the mixture for 8-10 minutes. Add the mutton pieces and give a good stir to mix in everything together. Add salt. Cook covered on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring in between occasionally.
6) Garnish with coriander leaves and squeeze lemon juice before serving.
Wow, amazing recipe! Its a healthy one. This one is an excellent one. Thanks for sharing. looks good. Thanks for the tip. It was very useful. You made it and they actually turned out well. Happy to read your post and appreciating you for making this better and yummy foods. Thanks a lot. You will get academic integrity, quality and punctuality from sites available now. View at custom essay writing service page if you are interesting on online essay services.ReplyDelete