Nachos are a Northern Mexican dish consisting of tortilla chips covered with meat and cheese based sauce. Though nachos are mainly served as a snack, it can be served as a fulfilling main dish if the ingredients added on the top of tortillas are more in quantity. Since I love nachos very much, I decided to try it out at home using Indian spices. Hope you all will like my version of nachos.
Please don't forget to check out other cool recipes like this:
Chicken Mole Poblano
Stir Fried Prawns in Chilli Garlic Soy Sauce
For Chicken Preparation:
- 3 boneless chicken breast (chopped into small bite size pieces)
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala
- 1 heaped tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
For Putting Together Chicken and Nachos
- tortilla chips (1/2 of a large size tortilla chips packet)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 small size onion (julienned)
- 1/2 of a capsicum (chopped)
- 1 sprig of fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- Pepperoni (as much as you like)
- Salami (as much as you like) (roughly chopped)
- Shredded cheese (as much as you like, the more the better) ( I used shredded Mexican cheese)
1) In order to prepare the chicken, first mix in tandoori masala, chaat masala, black pepper powder, lemon juice, yogurt, garlic powder and salt, and rub the chicken in this mixture. Put aside for 10 minutes.
2) Heat oil in a non-stick pan and then add the chicken pieces. Shallow fry the chicken on medium heat until the chicken turns tender. Turn the heat off.
3) Now preheat oven to 375 degree F.
4) In an oven safe dish, arrange the nachos creating a base and then spoon half of the chicken preparation evenly over the nachos. Add half of the julienned onions, half of the chopped tomatoes, salamis, and half of the chopped capsicums. Add shredded cheese, pepperonis and half of the chopped coriander leaves.
5) Again make another layer of nachos and then repeat the above process mentioned under instruction 4.
6) Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.