I had a terrible Wednesday this week....a nightmare that, I want, to be erased from our life. I was sleeping peacefully early in the morning when I felt my hubby getting up, turning off the alarm and like he does every day, he went to the bathroom for shower. Next I remember hearing a loud noise. The first thought that came into my mind upon hearing the thud was of sheer denial that something bad had happened. I forced my mind to think that someone might have come into our room and giggled loudly which sounded like a noise to me in my sleep. But no, 'a look' at the bedroom door from our bed proved me wrong as the door was shut and the room was empty. Next I looked askance towards the mirror on the side of the bed standing in front of which Debu brushes his teeth and combs his hair every day before going to office. He was not there too. Then a slight rustle brought my notice to the floor where Debu was lying unconscious overpowered by a convulsion. I jumped from my bed and the condition I saw him in with his eyes going above his head and hands and legs taut with stiffness just scared the hell out of me. Next I called a friend staying in the room next to ours in the hotel for help and she dialled the front desk who eventually informed 911.
ü 1 onion (chopped)
ü 5-6 green chillies (chopped) (optional)
ü Sliced jalapeno peppers along with the liquid (about 1 tbsp)
ü 1 tsp of black pepper powder
ü 1 tsp of chinese five spices (optional)
ü Salt to taste
ü Medium sized honey buns
ü White oil for cooking
1) Heat oil in a skillet and caramelize the onions. When onions take on a golden hue, add carrots and shallow fry.
2) One after another, add corns, green peas, jalapeno peppers and green chillies. Mix them in properly.
3) Now add chicken, salt, black pepper powder and Chinese five spices, if using. Stir in to mix. Sprinkle salt.
4) Add parsley and cream cheese and stir around till cream cheese melts into the mixture.
5) Now toast the honey buns lightly on both sides. Spread the chicken mixture on one bun and wrap up with another just as shown below:
6) Honey Bun Chicken Sandwich is ready for serving.