Last few days have been really great, movie wise. I finally watched some movies I have been longing to watch for years. All of them were honored with oscars. 'Amadeus', 'Kramer Vs Kramer', 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' are to name a few that I have finished watching. A long list is awaiting in my kitty still. I am a complete movie buff. Nothing gives me more pleasure than watching a couple of my favorite movies while digging into a tub of popcorn or a packet of potato chips.
Pasta is my all-time favorite item for dinner. Whenever I find nothing solid cooked in the refrigerator and I feel lazy to make an elaborate preparation for dinner, I go for pasta. They are yummy and easy to be made. Just toss a few things together and they are ready :)
Ingredients: Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
ü 200 gm spiral rotelle pasta (boiled)
ü 175 gm of boneless chicken (chopped in cubes)
ü 100 gm of spinach (blanched)
ü 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
ü 2 tbsp whipping cream
ü 2 1/2 tsp cheddar cheese (grated)
ü 2 tbsp milk
ü 1 tsp of cajun seasoning
ü 1/2 cup of chicken stock
ü 1 tsp dried basil leaves
ü Salt to taste
ü Black pepper powder, taste wise
ü 1 tsp chitpole chilli pepper powder (You may use simple red chilli powder in its place in case chitpole is not available.)
ü 1 tsp chinese five spices powder
ü White oil for cooking
1) Marinate the chicken with cajun seasoning and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, grind spinach, milk, cheddar cheese and whipping cream into a smooth paste.
3) Heat oil in a pan and throw in the chopped garlic. Brown them a bit before adding the chicken pieces. Shallow fry the chicken.
4) When the chicken pieces are shallow fried on all sides, pour the chicken stock in. Simmer for couple of minutes and then add the creamy spinach paste.
5) Add salt, black pepper powder, chitpole chilli powder and chinese five spices powder. Mix in and cook for 6-8 minutes till chicken is tender.
6) Finally add the rotelle pasta and combine all the ingredients well. Sprinkle dried basil leaves on top. Stir in.
7) Serve hot.
Post a Comment