Waiting could be so tiresome and frustrating when the duration lingers. Usually my hubby comes home for lunch as the office is hardly at 2 miles distance from where we live, but these days he stays stuck in meetings during lunch time even, which is very annoying, as with food ready I need to count minutes when he will come and we'll have lunch together. This is another day when I am waiting for him on lunch while he is engaged in meetings. As I am waiting for him, I think of utilizing the time by posting the recipe of something I recently made over dinner.
This recipe of Omelet Tortilla Wrap is quite flexible and versatile. You may prepare the omelet using anything you like, beans, carrots, bacon, ham or the way I have the ingredients tossed together. Essentially, everything depends on your imagination, so work your culinary instinct into practice. I had some leftover from the filling of Turkey Guacamole Wrap which I made few days back and I used the remnant of the filling in adding a variety to the omelet. Voila! It came out really lip-smacking.
For more such recipes, click the links below:
Ingredients :( for 1 wrap) Cooking time: 15 minutes
ü 2 eggs, beaten
ü 2 tbsp milk
ü 2 tbsp shredded chicken or turkey
ü 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
ü 2 tbsp green capsicum (finely julienned)
ü 2 tbsp tomato (finely chopped)
ü 1 spring onion (chopped)
ü 1/4 cup cabbage (finely julienned)
ü 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
ü 2 tsp jalapeno peppers
ü Black pepper, taste wise
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 tsp garlic chilli pepper sauce or any hot pepper sauce
ü 1 lettuce leaf, finely chopped (optional)
ü Jack Colby cheese (grated), as per your craving
ü Mozzarella cheese (grated), as per your craving
ü White oil
1) Heat oil in a skillet. When oil turns hot, add garlic and fry till golden brown in color. Add capsicum, cabbage and spring onion. Shallow fry, stirring continuously. Add shredded chicken or turkey, whichever using, and toss well.
2) Add balsamic vinegar, black pepper and salt. Mix in. Cook till the mixture turns dry.
3) Turn off the heat and toss tomato and lettuce leaf. Mix well.
4) Meanwhile, with the eggs mix in milk, garlic chilli pepper sauce, jalapeno peppers, black pepper and salt.
5) Heat 1tsp oil in a round non-stick skillet. Pour the egg into the skillet and swirl gently to let the egg spread evenly around the corner.
6) Cook the egg covered for 1 minute on medium low heat. Spread the above made chicken mixture on the top and again cook covered for 2 minutes on low heat. Egg will become fluffy and soft.
7) Flip it over gently and cook the other side too for 2 minutes. Take it off the flame onto a tortilla wrap.
8) Spread cheese generously across the omelet and roll up the tortilla tightly into a wrap. Cut in half lengthwise and serve. Yummmm.