This is an interesting Egg Prawn Mini Omelette recipe I picked up from a Bengali magazine. Undoubtedly, it is one of my favourite omelettes now. I like these omelettes especially in breakfast served with a toast. When guests are invited, I keep the egg-prawn mixture ready in advance so while the guests ensconce themselves comfortably at our home, I quickly prepare the omelettes and serve with tea. I just love the bewildered expression on their faces after they discover prawns in the omelettes.
Ingredients :( make 4) Cooking time: 20 minutes
ü 3 eggs
ü 10-12 pieces of medium size prawns or shrimps
ü 1 tomato (chopped)
ü 1 small size onion (chopped)
ü 4-5 green chillies (ground into paste or chopped)
ü 1 tsp garam masala powder
ü 1 tsp black pepper
ü 20 gm of coriander leaves (chopped)
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 tbsp ginger (chopped)
ü 1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
ü White oil for cooking
1) Heat oil in a non-stick skillet. Add ginger and garlic when oil turns hot. Shallow fry them.
2) Add onion and fry till translucent. Add tomato and fry till soften.
3) Add green chillies and prawns. Cook till prawns are tender. Switch off the flame and keep the mixture aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and whisk them till light and fluffy.
5) Add the prawn mixture, coriander leaves, garam masala powder, salt and black pepper. Stir in to mix.
6) Heat a bit of oil in a non-stick skillet. Add a ladle full of the egg-prawn mixture. Once the bottom side is fried, flip it over and fry the other side just as you do when making omelettes.
7) Serve hot with sauce.
Yumm it looks beautiful on the photos! recipe is nice explained.ReplyDelete