Oats is rich with fibre content. Hence it works miraculously on people working on their weight. A cup of oats gives a feeling of fulfillment of a heavy meal curbing the desire to eat anything more. Hence it should be a mandatory item added to the menu of those considering weight loss, like me. After putting myself through an hour long grind of workouts, I feel very hungry in the evening. Oats seem very useful in satiating my hunger within minutes. This lovely mouth-watering oats soup makes dinner a heavenly experience. You can take breadstick as accompaniment or you may choose to have it on its own.
I usually prepare the oats soup very simply without any embellishment. But to boost up the taste, you may add shredded chicken to the soup.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 15 minutes
ü 1 cup rolled oats (240 ml)
ü 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
ü 3 large tomatoes
ü 1 small size onion
ü 50 gm coriander leaves
ü 150 gm spinach (blanched)
ü 1 tsp paprika or dry red chilli powder
ü Black pepper, taste wise
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 tbsp olive oil
1) Process tomatoes, onion and coriander leaves together in a mixer grinder into puree.
2) Heat olive oil in a wok. Add rolled oats and stir in till oats are slightly brown in color.
3) Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add the puree and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the blanched spinach along with 3 cups of water depending on your liking for the soup consistency.
5) Add paprika and black pepper. Add salt. Bring the soup to a boil.
6) Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy the hot soup.