Of all Okra preparations, this simple okra curry is my favourite of all time. It tastes best when cooked with fresh okras.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 20 minutes
ü 500 gm okra or dhyarosh or lady finger (diced)
ü 1 small size onion (chopped)
ü 4-5 green chillies (ground into paste or chopped)
ü 1 tsp turmeric powder
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 tsp cumin seeds
ü White oil
1) Heat oil in a wok. When oil turns hot, add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
2) Add the okra and shallow fry till they turn little brown in color.
3) Add onion and green chillies. Add turmeric powder and salt. Stir-fry for couple of minutes till onion changes color.
4) If anytime during cooking, the mixture turns too dry, splash a bit of water to keep the moist in.
5) Serve hot with chapati or rice.
Post a Comment