It's shocking when few dozens of school children die helplessly at the hand of a deranged man armed with a firearm, but what's more astonishing is in spite of such frequency of mass killing incidents involving guns, people of US are so adamant of their right to own guns. In a country which is comparatively safer than many other countries in the world, I find the possession of guns by its civilians completely redundant. After all, gun is a weapon used in war and it being owned by normal people would only lead to more of such massacres. It's been not even a year we have come down to US and within this 10 months, this is the 5th gunfire incident killing innocent lives that came to our notice. Shocking!!
Getting back to the recipe, Bread Patties with Mozzarella Cheese is a tasty snack to be savored with a cup of coffee in the evening. Don't make them, however, with fresh breads, few days old breads being ideal to make good patties. The breads I used were seasoned with sesame seeds which lent the patties an extra crunch. You too like me may use seasoned breads or if you like keeping it simple, use simple white breads. They turn out equally nice.
Ingredients: Cooking time:40 minutes
ü 5-6 bread slices (chopped)
ü 1 egg
ü 1/2 cup of warm milk
ü 30-50 gm of mozzarella cheese
ü 1 medium size onion (chopped)
ü 3-4 green chillies (chopped)
ü 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
ü 1 tsp paprika
ü 1 tsp black pepper
ü Salt to taste
ü 3/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
ü 30 gm coriander leaves (chopped)
ü White oil for frying
ü 1 tbsp butter
1) Heat butter in a skillet. Add garlic and onion; shallow fry till they turn golden brown in color. Take them off the flame and keep aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, take the chopped bread slices and break an egg into them. Add milk and using your fingers, mash the breads.
3) Add paprika, black pepper, green chillies, mozzarella cheese, oregano leaves, coriander leaves, fried onions and garlic and salt. Mix in well.
4) Make small balls and flatten them keeping between your palms.
5) Fry them in skillet till brown in color on medium heat. (I used minimum amount of oil to fry the patties, if you desire you may deep fry the patties.)
6) Serve hot with mustard sauce or tahini or any favourite sauce of yours.