Is there anyone of you following Big Boss: Season 6? This season of Big Boss has been the most happening one, Imam Siddiqui being one of the most entertaining guests in the show. I simply love the way he gets on the nerve of all the other inmates through his antics and nuisance. I don't like to imagine though how I would have dealt with if I ever come face to face with a persona like him, perhaps would have torn my hair out in frustration. This year Big Boss house resembles the environment of corporates in a way that everyone is friendly with everyone, but no one is your friend. In fact, I doubt how firm is the friendship between the trio - Delnaz, Ashiqua and Sana, only time will testify.
Coming back to the recipe, this is one of my favourite egg recipes. I cook it quite frequently, precisely because my hubby loves the yogurt infused sweetness of the gravy. It's singularly awesome in taste.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 20 minutes
ü 8 eggs (hard boiled)
ü 1 1/2 medium size onions (julienned)
ü Remaining 1/2 of the onion (ground into paste)
ü 4-5 green chillies (chopped)
ü 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
ü 1 tsp cumin powder
ü A pinch of turmeric powder
ü Salt to taste
ü 2 tbsp yogurt, beaten
ü 1/2 cup milk
ü 50 gm cashew nuts paste (about 2 tbsp)
ü 1 tsp sugar
ü White oil for cooking
ü 1 inch cinnamon stick
ü 3 cardamoms, slightly crushed
ü 2 bay leaves
1) Toss the eggs in a pinch of turmeric powder and salt. Heat oil in a wok. When oil comes to smoking point, add the eggs and fry till golden brown in color. Take them off the flame and keep aside.
2) Add the ingredients for sauté and allow them to crackle. Add julienned onion and fry till onion becomes translucent.
3) Add onion paste and shallow fry. Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder and green chillies. Sauté for 1 minute. Add yogurt, cashew nuts paste, salt and sauté again for 2 minutes.
4) Add milk, 1/2 cup of water and bring the gravy to a boil. Slide the eggs in and add sugar. Cover the wok and simmer on medium heat for 3 minutes.
5) Serve hot with pulao or biriyani.