Oats is high fibre nutritious food, good for the reduction of cholesterol. Since we are living in hyper active age ridden by tension and anxiety, heart related ailments can kick off at any age. Recently, one of my school mates' husband died of sudden stroke at a tender age of early thirties. Such is the case that this kind of tragedy might strike anyone unexpectedly and since certain things are beyond our control, what we can do best is to take care of ourselves and our loved ones as best as possible. Oats should be introduced into your diet as besides checking cholesterol, it has other valuable properties attributing to good health. To know more about the healthy effects of eating oats daily, you may refer to the link below:
The following recipe is a slight variation of Sanjeev Kapoor's Oats Porridge with apple puree and butter featured in Khana Khajana on Zee TV. Sanjeev used plain white cow milk for the recipe while I used Chocolate Soya Milk. You can prepare this porridge either with cow milk like Sanjeev or choco soya milk like me, as per your taste.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 15 minutes approx.
1 cup oats
1 apple (finely grated)
1 cup Choco soya milk/cow milk
3/4 cup water
1-2 tsp sugar or as per your sweet craving
1 tsp butter
5-6 almonds (optional)
1) Heat butter in a non-sticky skillet. Then add the grated apple into the butter. Apple should be grated as shown in the pic below. You can either peel off the apple or grate with the peel on.
2) Cook the apple stirring continuously for 1 minute. Add water and cook for another 2 minutes.
3) Then add oats and little water and cook for 5 minutes till oats appear cooked and the mixture forms a smooth consistency.
4) Around this time, add sugar and stir. Then add milk. Cook it on medium heat for another 2 minutes and then take it off the heat.
5) Sprinkle the crushed almonds over the porridge. Dish is ready to serve.
Post a Comment