In the hurry of bringing my project of bed cover to a close, I have little time for putting a recipe in my blog. Lots are due though. This Chicken Keema Palak recipe is very tasty and hardly time consuming preparation as minced chicken or keema gets cooked quickly. So without drivelling further, let me sum up the recipe for you.
Ingredients: Cooking time:20 minutes
ü 500 minced chicken or keema
ü 1 1/2 cup shredded spinach (blanched)
ü 2 onions (chopped)
ü 1 tsp turmeric powder
ü 1 tsp cumin seeds
ü 4-5 green chillies (chopped)
ü 1/2 tsp nigella seeds or kalonji or kalo jeera
ü 1/2 tsp fenugreek or methi seeds
ü 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (crushed)
ü 1 tsp garam masala powder
ü Salt to taste
ü White oil for cooking
For Tomato Paste (grind together)
ü 2 tomatoes
ü 1 tbsp chopped ginger
ü 1 tbsp chopped garlic
ü 2 dry red chillies
ü 1 tsp salt
1) Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds. When they begin to sputter, add onion.
2) When onions turn translucent, add keema and mix well.
3) Add spinach and the prepared tomato paste. Add salt and green chillies. Stir in to mix. Cook till keema is tender. Sprinkle garam masala powder on top.
4) Check the seasoning before turning off the heat.
5) Serve hot with paratha or chapati.