Height of irresponsibility when a couple you invited over dinner didn't show up on the pretext that
the two had a fight. I cooked a meal for four people in large quantity and now there is so much an
excess of chicken that I had given some to my next door neighbour in a bid to finish them off.
Yesterday was Sunday, instead of relaxing, me and my hubby were at cooking throughout the
afternoon until when our cooking was almost complete, my hubby received a call from the guy
enquiring if there was any problem if he couldn't come. The reason he explained a day later i.e.
today that he had a tiff with his spouse because of which they didn't come. So silly, seriously! I
swear from the next time on I won't entertain such people in my house. I am so pissed off.
It happened many a time while in Bangalore that me and hubby had a brawl over some trivial issue
the day we were invited over someone's place, but we always sorted our differences sooner so as to
keep the invitation, after all there was a third party involved, who painstakingly might have made
all the arrangements of a meal for our sake and because of our personal issues, we cannot spoil a
party for everyone else. But there are some who have absolutely no regard for your efforts.
Anyway, let’s not mull over this for long else my level of irritation at the whole thing will only
increase instead of dying down. Spinach Potato Omelette is a frittata of sort cooked with herbs and
vegetables. If you like you may toss shredded chunks of braised chicken into the omelette to add a
Ingredients: Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
ü 4-5 eggs
ü 1 large potato (mashed)
ü 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
ü 1 tsp paprika
ü 3 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
ü 1 medium size bell pepper (chopped)
ü 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated (you may adjust the quantity according to your liking)
ü 30 gm spinach (blanched and chopped)
ü 30 gm coriander leaves (chopped)
ü 4-5 green chillies (chopped)
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 tsp garam masala powder
ü White oil
ü 1 tsp olive oil
1) Mix in mashed potato, all-purpose flour, salt and paprika. Make tiny size balls out of the mixture and brown them in 2 tbsp of oil in a skillet. Keep aside.
2) Add some more oil into the skillet. Add bell pepper and spring onion. Shallow fry. Set aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs using an electric beater till fluffy. Add spinach, coriander leaves, half quantity of the fried bell pepper and spring onion. Season with salt and black pepper. Add olive oil and stir in to mix.
4) Heat oil in the skillet and add the egg mixture. Cook on medium heat and when the omelette is about 30% done, toss in the fried potatoes and arrange them few spaces apart from each other all over the omelette. Add the remaining half of the fried bell pepper and spring onion. Sprinkle some more salt and black pepper.
5) Spread parmesan cheese on top. Cook covered on medium low heat till omelette is cooked through and the cheese melts. (Don't flip it over.)
6) Swipe a knife through and across the omelette and cut a piece for yourself. Enjoy!! (It will serve at least 4-6 people unless you love it so much to have it whole. In case you opting for the second option, don’t forget to work out the next day.)