It seems wonderful to have a cup of tea or coffee accompanied by a plate of decious cookies. Though I drink neither but I can imagine the feeling of waking up to the scent of fresh-baked cookies served with a cup of tea. Yummmmm....nothing can kick-start a morning better than this.
Ingredients: (yield 30 cookies)
ü 1 cup of unsalted butter
ü 1 egg
ü 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
ü 3 tbsp cornstarch
ü 1 tsp vanilla extract
ü 1 cup confectioners' sugar
1) Whip together butter and confectioners' sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Whip it again until creamy. Sift in flour and cornstarch and mix thoroughly.
2) Knead dough. Cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate half an hour.
3) Now make small balls from the dough and keeping them pressed under the plastic wrap, flatten them with the help of a rolling pin.
5) Preheat oven to 375 F/ 190 C. Prepare two baking sheets either by greasing them with oil or lining them up with aluminium foil. (I chose the latter option as it saves me time from unnecessary cleaning.)
6) Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes till the edges of the cookies turn slightly brown.
7) Take them out of the oven and cool down to room temperature. Store in jars after the cookies stiffen.
Post a Comment