At a time when I am giving some serious thoughts to keep weight under control, this soup is a true savior. A concoction of a variety of ingredients, it is fulfilling and if taken in good portion, it becomes a meal in itself.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 20 minutes
ü 100 gm pumpkin (peeled, deseeded and cubed)
ü 75 gm green beans (chopped)
ü 2 tomatoes (chopped)
ü 4 garlic cloves (minced)
ü 1 boneless chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
ü 50 gm crab meat (shredded)
ü 50 gm white button mushroom (sliced)
ü 4-5 cups of vegetable stock
ü 2 tbsp whipping cream
ü Black pepper, taste wise
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 tsp nutmeg powder
ü 30 gm fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
ü White oil
1) Heat oil in a saucepan. When oil turns hot, add pumpkin cubes and shallow fry. Add garlic cloves and stir fry for 1 minute.
2) Next add mushroom and beans. Shallow fry, stirring occasionally.
3) Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes soften. Pour the vegetable stock into the saucepan. Toss in the crab meat and shredded chicken breast. Add nutmeg powder, black pepper and salt. Bring the soup to a boil.
4) When soup begins to bubble, add whipping cream. Stir around and turn the heat off.
5) Mix in the fresh parsley leaves. Ladle into warm serving bowls and enjoy!
Post a Comment