Carrots are very good for eyesight. I recall when I got my first pair of spectacles due to migraine; I was so paranoid that I started eating bunch of carrots raw on the advice of my father. My eyesight was perfectly normal even few years before until I weakened it by involving in excessive embroidery works.
Anyway, this Carrot Coriander Soup is instrumental in increasing your appetite if taken before a meal. With only a hint of oil, this is perfectly healthy concoction for anyone working on weight loss.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 20 minutes
ü 200 gm carrots (chopped)
ü 1 onion (chopped)
ü 3-4 garlic cloves (chopped)
ü 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
ü 50 gm coriander leaves (chopped)
ü 1 tsp black peppercorns
ü 1 bay leaf
ü Salt to taste
ü 1 lime
ü White oil
1) Heat oil in a wok. When oil becomes hot, add black peppercorns and bay leaf. Allow them to crackle.
2) Add garlic and chopped onion. Shallow fry till onion turns translucent. Add the tomatoes and sauté till tomatoes soften.
3) Add carrot, coriander leaves and pour 2-3 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer till carrots soften.
4) Turn off the flame and cool down the mixture. Grind it into a fine puree.
5) Put the puree on heat again. Add water as per your need for the consistency of the soup. Add salt. Bring the soup to a boil.
6) Finally before serving squeeze lime juice into the soup.
carrots are my fav. too. can munch on this veggie through the whole day. this soup looks divine. i can imagine the beautiful aroma corianders will impart in it.ReplyDelete
betwwen loved your lemony recipes too. perfectly done. but gandhoraj is a special kind of lemon mostly found in Bengal. these are bigger than the Indian limes and posses a very soothing citrusy aroma. even the leaves are highly aromatic.
Hi Sayantani, thanks for stopping by. I am glad that you like my recipes.ReplyDelete