I was planning to prepare this awesome strawberry cake for months. But somehow or the other the project was getting delayed. This time when I went to Walmart and took notice of the luscious strawberries at a corner, I could not hold myself back and bought two cartons of strawberries right away. If you have tried and tested the no bake Strawberry Cheesecake and have enjoyed it with your family, you must try this one out too. The creamy layer of strawberry frosting combined with the mushy texture of the cake takes it to an ultimate level of gastronomic pleasure.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 1 hr 30 minutes
ü 3 cups all-purpose flour or cake flour (375 gm)
ü 3 ounce/80gm strawberry flavored gelatin
ü 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
ü 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
ü 1 tsp baking soda
ü 4 large eggs
ü 10 ounce/280 gm fresh strawberries (pureed)
ü 1/2 cup buttermilk (120ml)
ü 1/2 cup whipping cream (120ml)
ü 1 cup butter or vegetable oil (240 ml)
ü 1/4 cup white butter
ü 2 ounce/56 gm strawberries (pureed)
ü 1/2 tsp strawberry extract
ü 3 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
ü Fresh strawberries (for garnishing)
1) For preparing the cake, segregate the dry ingredients from the wet ingredients and combine them in two different bowls separately.
2) Whisk the wet ingredients - eggs, butter, strawberry puree, buttermilk and whipping cream together till fluffy. You better use an electric beater for this purpose.
3) Next fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones gently little by little till no speck of flour remains visible around the rim of the bowl.
4) Preheat an oven at 350° F/180° C. Grease a 9 inch round baking dish with butter and flour. Pour the cake batter into the baking dish and bake for an hour till a toothpick or skewer inserted at the centre comes out neat.
5) Cool down the cake to room temperature. Beat all the ingredients for frosting together until the consistency is creamy and smooth. (In case you find the consistency watery, keep adding powdered sugar till it becomes light and puffy.)
6) Decorate the cake with the frosting and then arrange the fresh strawberries on top of the icing.
7) Dig in with pleasure.