I love peanuts. Peanuts are enriched with many beneficial nutrients, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Peanuts are essentially helpful in lowering LDL (bad cholesterol) and increasing HDL (good cholesterol). Research studies have shown that a kind of anti-oxidant present in peanuts prevents stomach cancer. For more to know about peanuts and related health benefits, please view the following website:
However, people allergic to peanuts must avoid them at all costs.
Ingredients :( yield about 24 cookies)
ü 1 cup all-purpose flour (240ml)
ü 1 egg
ü 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (120 ml)
ü 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (120 ml)
ü 1 cup granulated sugar (240 ml)
ü 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
ü 1/2 tsp baking powder
ü A pinch of salt
1) Toss together butter and peanut butter. Using an electric beater, whip them to smooth consistency. Add egg followed by sugar. Whip again until combined.
2) In a separate bowl, mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Gently incorporate this mixture into the peanut butter mixture, toss in the chopped peanuts and form dough.
3) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
4) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 390° F/199° C. Line the baking sheets with aluminium foil. (If you don't have aluminium foil handy, you may grease the baking sheet with butter. I prefer aluminium foil over greasing because it helps me from cleaning up the mess afterwards.)
5) Form the dough into 24 something small size balls. Place one ball at each time under the plastic wrap and pressing it under the pressure of your palm, flatten the ball. Then using a cookie cutter cut out your choice shape for the cookies.
6) Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes till the sides are golden brown. Cool them down before storing in jar.
Post a Comment