Recently, we had been to Cedar Point which is one of the popular theme parks in US boasting of a record number of 74 rides including 16 roller coasters 4 out of which are taller than 200 ft (61m). Frankly, I don't enjoy rides, at least, consciously. I don't like the very idea of sending my adrenaline glands into sudden rush by some electrical giants. Yet, at the insistence of my hubby and his peers, I got into some rides one of which was from category 5 thrill ride. I must say, 'Wicked Twister' was really wicked in giving me palpitations. Whenever the ride took a coil at the top at a speed seemingly faster than winds, I literally had my heart in my mouth. I was scared to death praying for the whole whirlwind to come to an end. I took an oath sitting there screaming my lungs out to relieve stress that from then onwards I would not step inside a category 5 thrill ride.
After that tumultuous ride, I had to satisfy my hunger pinch with these beautiful sour cream muffins which seemed as true blue delights in the face of danger. It is nothing short of a danger to have a ride enthusiastic husband who likes to try each and every ride and roller coaster available in a theme park expecting me to accompany him. Ki jala !
Ingredients :( yield 16 muffins) Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
ü 2 cups all-purpose flour (480ml)
ü 2 tsp baking powder
ü 1 tsp baking soda
ü 2 eggs
ü 1 1/3 cup sour cream (320 ml)
ü 1/2 cup yogurt (120ml)
ü 4 tbsp salted butter, melted
ü 25 gm cheddar cheese, grated
ü 40 gm fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
ü Sunflower or peanut oil for greasing the muffin molds
1) Preheat the oven at 400 F/200C. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a mixing bowl. Add the parsley leaves and cheddar cheese. Combine them well with a spatula.
2) In another bowl, using an electric beater, mix together butter, egg, sour cream and yogurt to smooth puree.
3) Fold the sour cream mixture gently into the flour mixture, stirring until incorporated. Don't overmix.
4) Grease the muffin molds with sunflower or peanut oil. Divide the prepared batter among them and bake for 20 minutes till a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
5) Serve warm topped with any favourite dip of yours. Mine are spinach dip and ranch. What's yours?