That Smirnoff bottle is standing as a showpiece in one corner of our refrigerator for long time now and since both of us have quit drinking (apparently), we are thinking of ways to use it otherwise. First we infused a peg of vodka into our cake in Vodka Mocha Bundt Cake, now we have conceived a novel way of eating pasta cooked in vodka sauce. Trust me; vodka can take your dish to an ultimate level of gastronomic wonder.
Of all the pastas I have concocted so far, my hubby verdicts 'this one' just stands apart. Kudos to vodka :D
Ingredients: Cooking time: 30 minutes
ü 100 gm chicken (julienned)
ü 250 gm fettuccine pasta (boiled)
ü 1 onion (chopped)
ü 1 carrot (chopped)
ü 2 celery stalks (chopped)
ü 1 large tomato (chopped)
ü 4-5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
ü 3/4 cup vodka
ü 1/2 cup of fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
ü 1 tsp dried oregano
ü 1 tsp dried basil leaves
ü 1 tsp cayenne pepper
ü 1 tsp lemon pepper
ü 1 cup whipping cream
ü 2-3 tbsp of grated cheddar cheese
ü White oil for cooking
Note: I boil the pasta in microwave setting the cooking time to 15 minutes. You may do the same on stove top or in microwave according to your convenience.
1) Toss the chicken in lemon pepper and salt. Keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic and shallow fry. Then add carrot, onion and celery. Cook till they turn soft.
3) Add the chicken and vodka. Cook till chicken is tender and almost all the liquid has evaporated.
4) Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, chopped parsley, dried basil leaves, dried oregano and salt. Stir in and cook till tomatoes soften.
5) Add the whipping cream and cheddar cheese. Mix in properly. Simmer for couple of minutes till cheese melts.
6) Finally slide in the pasta and toss to mix in.
7) Serve hot.