One perfect way to use vodka if you don't like to belt it down is to seep a peg into your cake. It heightens the taste of your baked goodies. The moist texture of the cake provides pure bliss at each morsel.
Since I am away from the city and hence unable to partake in the celebration of my niece's brilliant result (she has been ranked 3rd in ICSE in West Bengal.), I planned to bake a cake dedicating to her success. This is for my dear beloved Titli!
Ingredients: Cooking time: 1 hr 20 minutes
ü 2 cups of all-purpose flour
ü 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
ü 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
ü 1 tsp baking soda
ü 4 eggs
ü 1 packet of instant chocolate pudding mix (3.9 oz / 100 gm)
ü 1/4 cup vodka
ü 1/4 cup coffee flavoured liqueur (I used Bailey's coffee flavoured Irish cream)
ü 3/4 cup milk
ü 1 cup white oil
ü 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
ü 1/4 cup coffee flavoured liqueur
1) In a mixing bowl, beat the wet ingredients - oil, milk, eggs, vodka and liqueur to a mixture of smooth consistency.
2) Mix in the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, pudding mix and sugar in a separate bowl.
3) Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Just check that no speck of flour remains visible.
4) Pre-heat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C. Grease the bundt pan and pour the cake batter into it. Bake for an hour till a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out neat.
5) Let the cake cool down to room temperature before taking it loose from the bundt pan onto a plate.
6) Prepare the glazing by whisking coffee flavoured liqueur with powdered sugar. Slide that onto the bundt cake.
7) Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!