The following is a fine Mexican Egg also known as Fricassee. Ideal on breakfast table, this fulsome egg is easy to be made, less time-taking and tastes heavenly with cheese melting in your mouth. I have used mozzarella in my preparation, but there is no hard and fast rule of mozzarella to be used only. You may substitute mozzarella with any other cheese of your choice, like parmesan or feta cheese.
Same goes for parsley also. If you prefer cilantro or coriander leaves over parsley, then don’t be hesitant in using that for topping.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 20 minutes
ü 4 eggs
ü 50 gm of boneless chicken (boiled and julienned)
ü 2 tomatoes
ü 1 onion (chopped)
ü 4-5 green chillies (chopped)
ü 1 tsp paprika or dry red chilli powder
ü 1 tsp black pepper powder
ü 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
ü 1 inch ginger (chopped)
ü 1/2 cup of prawns (shallow-fried)
ü 1 cup of parsley leaves (chopped)
ü Salt to taste
ü Generous amount of mozzarella cheese (grated)
ü Butter for cooking
1) Blanch the tomatoes and then peel the skin off. Chop them coarsely and keep aside.
2) Heat butter in a non-stick skillet. Add garlic and shallow fry. Add ginger, onion, green chillies and fry them till onion changes color.
3) Add the tomatoes, paprika, black pepper powder and salt. Stir around for 1 minute and spread the mixture across the skillet making a bed.
4) Turn the heat to low. Very carefully and gently break the eggs on the mixture without messing the yolks.
5) Add parsley leaves to the mixture. Then place the chicken and fried prawns around the eggs. Finally, spread the grated mozzarella cheese with some more parsley leaves on top.
7) Serve hot.