Spaghetti Carbonara is originally prepared with spaghetti pasta, bacon and egg mixture. Since I am little careful about eating red meat, I swapped bacon with chicken, my favourite. Now, if you love bacon, then use bacon instead of chicken keeping everything else mentioned in the recipe similar.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 20 minutes
ü 250 gm Spaghetti pasta
ü 100 gm chicken (chopped)
ü 1 tbsp of garlic (chopped)
ü 1/2 of an onion (chopped)
ü 3 eggs
ü 1/2 cup of milk
ü 3 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
ü Black pepper powder, taste wise
ü 1 1/2 tsp of Montreal chicken seasoning (You may use any readymade chicken seasoning.)
ü Salt to taste
ü White oil for cooking
1) Boil the spaghetti. Drain the water when spaghetti is tender.
2) Whisk eggs, milk and parmesan cheese together. Keep aside.
3) Toss the chicken pieces with the Montreal chicken seasoning. Now heat oil in a pan.
4) When oil turns hot, add the chicken pieces. Shallow fry. Then add the chopped garlic and brown them.
5) Add onion and fry till onion changes color. Add spaghetti and mix in. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder. Toss them together.
6) Serve warm.