I had couple of pears staling in the fridge for last two weeks. Since I hate wasting food, I finally found the solution to put the pears to their best use through baking. In order to go according to plan, I scoured the cyber world in search of a delectable yet innovative pear cake recipe and came across something extraordinary in allrecipes.com. Soon I set about assembling the ingredients required to bake the cake below all through the afternoon and finally came up with a nice turnout.
However, I have adjusted the measurements according to my convenience. You may increase or decrease the same to your discretion.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 2 hours approx.
ü 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
ü 1 tsp baking powder
ü 1 tsp baking soda
ü 1/4 tsp salt
ü 3 eggs
ü 1 cup white sugar
ü 3/4th cup butter, melted
ü 1 cup sour cream
ü 2 tsp vanilla extract
ü 2 medium size pears, cored, peeled and chopped
Brown Sugar Mixture:
ü 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
ü 1/2 cup pecan chips
ü 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
ü 1 tsp ginger paste
Preparing Baking Pan:
ü 1 tbsp of butter
ü 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
1) In a mixing bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
2) In another bowl, whisk the eggs using a hand blender until fluffy. Pour in the melted butter and whisk again. Add white sugar little by little and keep stirring. Slide in the sour cream and beat the mixture again. Finally stir in the vanilla.
3) Now slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients till no speck of flour remains visible. Toss in the chopped pears and mix in.
4) Meanwhile as you go about preparing the baking pan, pre-heat the oven to 350 F or 180 C. Grease one large baking pan with spoonful of butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar covering the edges of the pan.
5) In a small bowl, toss together brown sugar, cinnamon powder, ginger paste and pecan chips.
6) Now into the baking pan, spread 1/3rd cake batter followed by the sprinkling of 1/3rd of the brown sugar mixture. Again spoon 1/3rd of the batter on top with 1/3rd of the brown sugar mixture following suit. This way finally there will three layers arranged in all with the brown sugar mixture spread on top.
7) Bake the cake for about one and half hour till a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out neat.
8) Serve when the cake comes to room temperature.
Post a Comment