Today was Sunday and planning to turn it into another feasting 'Sunday' I thought to cook something special with paneer. I combed through the cyber world in search of a recipe for shahi paneer and came across one in Sanjiv Kapoor's website. It seemed to suit what I was looking for and without further ado, I set about cooking it. However, I have made few changes to the recipe according to my palate, like I have added sugar and garnished it with green chillies. The white color of the dish in contrast with green made it a visual treat.
Regardless of the look, the dish is a kickshaw, something that you would make your friends sing your praises. The creamy aromatic succulent flavour of the dish will keep you licking your fingers.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 30 minutes
ü 450 gm cottage cheese or paneer (cut into cubes)
ü 1 large onion (chopped)
ü 1/4 cup cashew nuts paste
ü 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
ü 1/2 cup whipping cream
ü 1/2 cup yogurt
ü 2 tbsp sugar
ü 1 tsp garam masala powder
ü 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
ü Salt to taste
ü A pinch of Saffron (soaked in 1/4 cup of milk)
ü White oil for cooking
ü 4-5 green chillies (for garnishing)
ü 1 inch cinnamon stick
ü 4-5 cloves
ü 1 tsp of black peppercorns
ü 1 bay leaf
ü 2 green chillies (split lengthwise)
1) Boil the onion in 1 cup of water for few minutes. Then drain the water and grind the onion to smooth paste.
2) Heat oil in a wok. When oil turns smoking hot, add the ingredients for sauté and allow them to sputter.
3) Add the onion paste and sauté it on medium to low heat for couple of minutes. Be careful about not to let the onion become brown in color.
4) Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté again for couple of minutes before adding the cashew nuts paste. Sauté again for some more minutes.
5) Then add yogurt and cream. Sauté again for couple of minutes. Add saffron infused milk, sugar and salt. Stir around. (In case the mixture turns dry, add little water.)
6) Chuck the paneer cubes into the curry. Sprinkle garam masala powder and stir in. Cook covered for 2 minutes till paneer is cooked.
7) Finally, sprinkle the cardamom powder and give a good stir. Garnish with green chillies.
8) Serve hot with rice, roti, naan, paratha or chapati. Enjoy!
Hi! Your shahi paneer recipe was nominated as one of the "Best Shahi Paneer Recipes on the Net". To vote for it, please visit http://easyindianrecipes.org/side-dish-recipes/best-shahi-paneer-recipes-on-the-net-vote-for-your-favorite/ - your recipe is positioned at #159 (random order).ReplyDelete
I tried this Shahi Paneer Recipe And it comes out delicious :)ReplyDelete