Soon after my marriage, while we were staying in Kolkata, this recipe was published in Sananda, a popular Bengali magazine. My parents in laws were to visit to my house for the first time after our wedding and with the thought of making an impression, I prepared this dish and delightfully it won everyone's heart. I was happy!
Ingredients: Cooking time: 45 minutes
ü 6 pieces of Bhetki
ü 1 cup of grated coconuts
ü 5-6 green chillies
ü 50 gm of coriander leaves
ü 1 tsp garlic paste
ü 1 tsp turmeric powder
ü 1 tsp cumin powder
ü White oil for cooking
ü Salt to taste
For phoron (sautéing):
ü 2 green chillies (slit)
ü 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds
1) Rub salt and turmeric on the fish pieces and lightly fry them till they turn brown.
2) In a blender make a paste out of coconuts, coriander leaves, garlic and green chillies.
3) Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil turns smoking hot, add the ingredients for sautéing and sauté till they start crackling.
4) Now add the paste made in a blender. Sauté it for 1 minute, add cumin powder and simmer till oil separates. Add water as per your need for gravy. When oil starts to boil, add salt and toss in the fish pieces. Cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes.
5) Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and green chillies before serving.
Post a Comment