Ingredients: Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
100 gm eggplants (cut into small cubes)
100 gm pumpkin (cut into small cubes)
100 gm papaya (cut into small cubes)
1 medium sized potato (cut into small cubes)
1 carrot (chopped)
1 small sized cauliflower (split apart into florets of medium size)
1/2 cup of cabbage (shredded)
2-3 green chillies (chopped)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp sugar or more as per your taste
salt to taste
2 tbs coconut milk (I used canned coconut milk. Optionally, you may use cow milk also)
white oil for cooking
1) First chop all the vegetables. Then boil cabbage, potato, cauliflower, papaya with a bit of salt for 10 minutes. Drain the water and keep them aside.
3) At this stage, add eggplants. Stir occasionally and cook covered on medium heat till eggplants soften a bit.
4) Now add rest of the other vegetables including potato, cabbage and green chillies. Add turmeric powder and mix in. Cook covered for 10 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
5) Add salt, sugar and coconut milk. Cook covered on medium heat until all the vegetables are properly cooked.
6) Serve hot with roti or rice.