According to my hubby, he has never tasted any egg curry as tasty as this one. The eggs floating in the gravy made from coconut milk and cream with kasuri methi on top make it a pleasure to have. I personally can vouch for the pure bliss each morsel of rice mixed with this gravy offers.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 30 minutes
ü 8 eggs (boiled and peeled)
ü 1 medium sized onion (chopped)
ü 1 tomato (chopped)
ü 1/2 cup of coconut milk (50 gm) (I used canned milk easily available in the market)
ü 2 tbs of whipping cream
ü Few strands of celery (If celery is not available, use coriander leaves or parsley)
ü 5-6 green chillies
ü 2 tsp of poppy seeds
ü 1 inch cinnamon stick
ü 3-4 cloves
ü 1 tsp ginger paste
ü 1 tsp garlic paste
ü 1 tsp cumin seeds
ü 1 tsp coriander powder
ü 1 tsp turmeric powder
ü 1 tsp chilli powder
ü 1 tsp of dried kasuri methi leaves
ü Salt to taste
ü White oil for cooking
1) First in a blender make paste out of green chillies, cinnamon, cloves, celery and poppy seeds.
2) Rub turmeric and salt on eggs.
3) Heat oil in a wok. When smoke comes out from the oil, brown the boiled eggs. Take them off the heat when eggs change color to golden brown.
4) Into the piping hot oil, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
5) Add onion and tomatoes and fry till onions turn golden in color. Add ginger and garlic paste. Stir around for 1 minute. Then add the paste made in a blender. Sauté for 2 minutes.
6) Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Sauté again for 1 minute.
7) Pour coconut milk and cream. Add little water for gravy. Bring the gravy to a boil.
8) Slide in the eggs and sprinkle kasuri methi on top. Keep it on heat for 2 minutes.
9) Serve hot with rice.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Creamy Egg with Kasuri Methi
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The taste of the curry of this dish is a beautyReplyDelete