Narkel Nadu made from coconut, condensed milk and sugar is a traditional sweet prepared in every Bengali home immediately after Durga Puja to entertain guests with a plate full of delectable goodies in celebration of Bijoya Dashami. Not a single puja held at Bengali home goes by without narkel nadus offered to the gods and goddesses in plentiful. The recipe given below varies from traditional narkel nadu with pistachios added to give an extra flavour.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 30 minutes approx.
1) Grind coconuts and sugar to a paste. (Caution : Don’t add water by mistake)
2) Use a non-sticky skillet. Brown the pistachios in ghee for 1 minute. Keep aside.
3) Shallow fry coconuts and sugar paste on medium heat. Stir continuously till coconuts turn a bit brown in color. Add condensed milk.
4) Stir around for 2 minutes till the mixture becomes sticky and dry. Turn off the heat.
5) Mix coconut mixture with fried pistachios.
6) Now taking a spoonful of mixture between your palms, shape it into a round ball. Note that while the mixture is still hot (not burning hot of course!) and sticky, you ought to make the nadus else once it cools down to room temperature, it hardens.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Narkel Nadu with Pistachios - Coconut Balls
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment