Wait for the bananas to turn brown in flesh to bake chocolate banana muffins. The riper they are, the juicier they would become. The cake made from the flesh of brown bananas boasts of a mind-blowing texture and the sweet scent of banana permeates every bite. I just looove it!!
Ingredients: Cooking time: 15 minutes
ü 1 cup (100 gm) all-purpose flour
ü 1 cup powdered sugar (about 180 gm)
ü 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (35 gm)
ü 2 tsp baking powder
ü 2 eggs
ü 3 brown bananas of medium size
ü 1/2 cup milk (60 ml)
ü 3/4 cup salted and melted butter (60 ml)
ü 1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Mix in all the dry powdered ingredients in one bowl and mix in all the wet liquid ingredients in another. Whisk the wet ingredients to a smooth pouring consistency.
2) Now slowly fold in the wet ingredients with the dry one. Please be careful of over mixing. Use a spoon and stir the mixture couple of times till no streak of flour remains in the bowl and everything gets well combined. Over mixing will make the cake rubbery in texture. So be aware.
3) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F).
4) Meanwhile grease the muffin cups with butter. Pour a spoonful of the mixture into each and bake for about 15 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5) Serve when muffins cool down to room temperature.
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Chocolate Banana Muffin
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment