Red Spice Salmon is a must try recipe if you are a Salmon lover. Originally this recipe should be tried on Salmon fillets, but I have cooked the curry cuts. It so happened that while my better half was going out to weekly shopping of groceries, I, in my usual cautious tone, told my hubby couple of times specifically stressing on Salmon fillets, and he, with his usual slipshod and forgetful manner, took my words in one ear and out with the other and ultimately brought curry cuts home claiming, in the face of my allegation of his always giving my words a deliberate miss, that I was the one who didn’t mention anything about the fillet.
I was about to give him gentle reminders about how he forgets to switch off the geyser after using it or turn off the faucet or how we had been saved from a great robbery only by the grace of sheer luck when he forgot the key to our home entrance in the keyhole and left it there hanging overnight till a maid from the neighbouring flat drew my attention towards it and the list goes on, but nah, I was not in a mood to fight. I cannot change him so why waste time trying!! Rather I put all my energy and attention towards pleasing my tummy. A wholesome meal is lot more appetizing than spoiling the mood of Sunday over a silly dispute. What say?
Ingredients: Cooking time: 30 minutes
ü 200-300 gms of Salmon
ü 1 red bell pepper
ü 8-10 cloves of garlic
ü 1 tbsp of olive oil
ü 1 tbsp of smoked paprika powder
ü 1 tsp of coriander powder
ü 1 tsp cumin powder
ü 1 lemon
ü Salt to taste
ü White oil for frying
Note: If you don’t have smoked paprika, you may roast 3 dry red chillies and grind them into powder.
1) Heat a tawa or a non-stick pan and dry roast the red bell pepper. You may roast the same using microwave also.
2) Now in a blender, add the red bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, paprika powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, salt and blend well to a smooth paste.
3) Marinate the fish with the smooth paste mentioned above. Refrigerate the marinade for 1 hour.
4) In a non-stick pan, fry the salmon with some white oil.
5) Serve the dish with salad. I made a Mexican salad called Mexican Cole Saw. Both complemented each other very well, just like husband and wife : D