It feels nice to eat something spicy during the winter, more so if that is healthy. The recipe of this spicy soup I came across in a cookery show telecast on TV. Gave it a try tonight and it came out really yummy.
Ingredients: Cooking time: 30 minutes approx.
ü 1 small cauliflower (cut into florets)
ü 1 medium sized onion (chopped)
ü 1 potato (cut into small cubes)
ü 5-6 green chillies
ü 1 tsp ginger paste
ü 1 tsp garlic paste
ü 2 tsp cumin powder
ü 2 tsp coriander powder
ü 1 tsp garam masala
ü 1 tsp turmeric powder
ü 1 tsp chilli powder
ü 1 tsp dry mango powder
ü 2 tbs cream
ü 1 tsp black mustard seeds
ü salt to taste
ü White oil for cooking
ü 1 stalk of parsley (for garnishing)
1) Boil the cauliflower in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes in a microwave. It helps remove the germs and any insect stuck inside.
2) Heat oil in a pan. When oil turns hot, add onion and fry till translucent. Mix in the cauliflower and potato cubes. Shallow fry the cauliflower and potato cubes on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes.
3) Add water measuring about 3 cups. Mix in the all the ingredients except cream.
4) Cook covered on medium heat till cauliflower and potatoes turn soft. Add water as per your need for soup.
5) Now separate the cauliflower, potatoes, green chillies from the gravy. Strain the soup.
6) In a processor turn cauliflower, potatoes and green chillies into a smooth paste.
7) Fold in the paste with the soup. Put the soup now on heat. Add water if the soup becomes too thick in consistency. Adjust salt.
8) Finally pour cream into the soup and stir to mix. Garnish with parsley.
9) Serve hot with bread.